Sunday, June 17, 2012

little quilt monday~~~disappearing 16 patch mini


Little Quilt Monday

I have my Disappearing 16 Patch mini quilt ready to hand stitch.

I decided to add an embroidery block to this mini quilt.


The linen sashing makes the solid colors of the blocks pop!
Click on the pictures for a closer look.


I am trying to decide if I should add any more embroidery on the
outside border.  I like the variegated thread but the extra color in the center
block may be all this little mini needs.   The hand stitching will be with a
neutral crochet thread.


Now it is your turn to link up something to

Little Quilt Monday


1.  This link-up party is for any small project.  For example, mini quilts, doll quilts, baby quilts, place mats, mug rugs, purses,
wall quilts, table runners, etc.

2.  They can be a WIP(work-in-progress) or finished.

3.  If it is something from the past there is no need to write a new blog post, just link the one that you have already written, and please link back to my blog post.

4.   If you are interested, you can add your pictures to my flickr group here, or join my Facebook group here. 

Let's inspire each other!

piece,
elizabeth

I linked up to Sew Modern Monday and Fabric Tuesday.




6 comments:

Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy's Crafty Shenanigans said...

I love your 16 patch pieces and your embroidery!

Amanda said...

The mini quilt is lovely, and your embroidery is great, something similar on the border would look nice, but it is great as it is!

Cherie said...

That looks so cute! The neutral background really makes the blocks stand out =D

Maria said...

It's so pretty. I like it just the way it is.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I think it looks perfect just the way it is!