Thursday, June 21, 2012

show off friday~~~prairie points process


Show Off Friday
Here are the pictures(lots of them) of my process, while making the prairie points for my mini quilt.
I got my inspiration and guidance from McCall's Quilting,
issue July/August 2010....Get The Point, a pillow using prairie points.

I started with 3 inch fabric strips, folded in half(lengthwise) and cut in 3 inch segments.



Next I made the prairie points by folding each end to the center, toward the
unfinished edge.

I lined the PP on my cutting board, overlapping by 1 inch.

Now it is time to start sewing them to my linen.  I pinned the PP to a piece of linen and then
added a 1.5 inch strip and sewed across the top.



I lined up the next row and repeated the process.



  I hope these pictures have helped you understand how easy PP can be!
I will show you my finished mini quilt using prairie points on Monday : )

Now it is your turn to link up something~~~~ what do you have for

Show Off Friday

There are no rules for this link up party....this is just the place to show off projects you are working on!


piece,
elizabeth





  

4 comments:

Debbie said...

very fun!

Maria said...

Thanks, these look really pretty.

JanetK said...

Thanks for the tutorial on prairie points - you make it look easy!

Cherie said...

They look so cute! Thanks for the tutorial =D