Thursday, June 7, 2012

show off friday~~~red stitches


Show Off Friday
I finished stitching my Hawaiian raw edged appliqué. 


I love how the design looks from the back!


The red variegated floss turned out to be a good choice
on both sides, so I want to embroider a simple design like
that sometime.

Click for a closer look....I need to clip some of the loose threads!


This appliqué  block is about 9.5 X 9.5 inches.  I framed it
with 2.5 inch strips of Alexander Henry fabric called "larkspur circle".

I haven't decided what to do with this block.  I think I will leave it on my
design wall for a while.

Now it is your turn to link up something~~~~ what do you have for

Show Off Friday

There are no rules for this link up party....this is just the place to show off projects you are working on!


piece,
elizabeth



6 comments:

Teje Karjalainen said...

Hi Elisazabeth! That is a beautiful block! What a lovely shape and I like so much raw edge applique! I just made some butterflies. Have a great weekend! x Teje

April said...

The Hawaiian design is very pretty. have a great weekend

Rebecca Nelson said...

Great design! LOVE IT!

xoRebecca

Shannon said...

It looks so nice now that you've finished it! and the variegated thread really picks up the colors in the border fabric (all the light pinks and reds). super fun.

Kat said...

I can't decide if I like the front or the back better. You do a great job with your stitches! How big is it? Maybe it could be a nice throw pillow?

Cherie said...

That looks great! You could use it as a center panel for a mini or pillow =D

I'm having a giveaway on my blog. There is one extra day to enter =D
http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/official-150th-post-giveaway.html