Saturday, January 23, 2016

peace~~~bias tape mini quilt

I joined the Mighty Lucky Quilting Club this year.  Once a month there is a new challenge, a different skill or technique to try, and the instructor for the month will send a PDF with the instructions for the challenge they are teaching.  This month the challenge was Shapes and Curves Using Bias Tape by Krista Fleckenstein of Spotted Stones blog.

I have made bias tape before and used it a few times for basket handles in quilt blocks, but it was definitely a fun challenge that I needed to give a try again. 


Here is the design that I chose for my bias tape mini quilt: 


peace sign

It was a fun little project, and I do like the peace sign!  I used a variegated thread to sew the bias tape down and it blended well with the bias tape.


I also used a variegated perle cotton thread for the big stitch quilting.  It looks great with the flax essex linen fabric and compliments the OOP Kaffe Fassett Spools in Amber fabric.



I used a very thin binding, like I often do on my mini quilts.

Kaffe Fassett spools in Amber

This was a fun project, and I am looking forward to a new challenge each month from the Mighty Lucky Quilting Club : )

piece,
elizabeth








3 comments:

Cathy said...

I love your mini. Love the quilting too. Hugs

Debbie said...

Fun. I have yet to start a project but am planning something small - try the technique but don't get overwhelmed by it.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

What a great mini! Just curious, where there any resources given for ready made bias? I have a project in mind but would love to just buy the bias ready made if I can find the right color.